Saturday, January 10, 2009

Boston.

at my church, we have these services called "Unplugged" services-and they are by far one of my favorite things about my church. i love the people, the community, the family and the learning it brings, but the Unplugged services are really special to me. stripping everything away, keeping only an acoustic guitar and a couple of voices- it's so refreshing. one of the things that my Jesus really desires is that i come to Him with a genuine heart. i feel like sometimes unplugged services get me back to that. to take everything but our hearts, and His heart, out of things. there is so much beauty in simplicity. i recently made a playlist on my itunes and titled it unplugged---naturally it's filled with supremely chill songs about my favorite topic of all time, Jesus. =] im listening to it right now, and it seriously awesome. playing right now is Nichole Nordeman's version of We Fall Down--incredible. check it out. 

so, that first paragraph pretty much describes my mood right now. just very ready to let my pen and pages of my journal get together and just be.

as for life? i am in boston. and it isnt much colder than home. when the sun goes down in the evening however, and the wind is still going, it's bitter, bitter cold. the kind of wind that stings. fun times. we are starting to get some snow too. which is exiting. i want to go take some pictures in the park across the street tomorrow. snow and photography are like peanut butter and jelly. they were just made for each other. speaking of the park, the area that im living in is pretty sweet. i really like it a lot. there are a couple movie theaters right down the street, along with the Ritz-Carlton, chinatown is a few block behind me, a dunkin donuts on either side of my block, a starbucks right in my building, with a fitness club in the very next building. i am so spoiled! i have pretty much anything i need right here. besides Berklee of course. which is probably about a 20 minute walk... but i havent ridden the train yet to see how long it is on there. but its ok. i like to walk. more time to think and people watch. people watching is a seriously enjoyable activity. speaking of people! theres a homeless shelter or some kind of help for the needy down the street which i am stoked about helping with. God has really put it on my heart to really help the needy lately. i am so completely blessed, people need love, and need to see the love He has, and i want to help=] 

my apartment itself is completely adorable. and phil, if you're reading this, there's a fireplace=] there are crazy high ceilings, (i just spelled that with an "s" and spell check came in and told me i was stupid and changed it. just FYI.) which is fantastic. im actually writing this from my extra high loft bed, with the lights turned off, using my little mini-clip light. emilys asleep on the floor, and she gets crabby when shes sleepy. who doesn't. really? also- fun fact. emily has officially slept with Joe Jonas for the past two nights. how scandalous! (no offense Joseph.)  i received an incredibly sparkly, beyond tacky Camp Rock pillow with Joe's face on it for Christmas....it's a bit of a running joke in our familia. long story......

we were all really tired today. we looked at some properties, and then ate some foodage around 2 or 3, and then shopped and walked all down boylston until we were home! then, we were actually so lame as to literally sit around from 6o'clock until 8 or 830, where we all proceded to fall asleep on the air mattress in the middle of the living room! what fuddy duddies. my goodness. mom stayed awake and followed the meet. gooooo PSU! but at any rate. i am here. i am safe. its cute, entirely overstocked with food, couchandchairless, but home. at least, for 4 months.  

hmmmm. my pages are calling. and my Bible. thanks for praying. 

loveyoubunchesbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment