Tuesday, January 13, 2009

cockney accents, music nerds, and mourning the loss of tivo.

very superstitious..... writings on the walllll.... very superstitious, letters bout to fallll.....

steeeeeeeeevvvviiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee. yupyup. great.

um, rocking the stevie wonder right now.  yup. so went there. 

so, uh, boston. kinda sweet. tara, my roomate, is seriously awesome. we laugh all the time, and both of us are pretty easily excitable so its a pretty positive environment all around. yayness for being happy. oh wait-school hasnt actually started.... but on that note. i had my orientation today, at least the first day. which was a ridiculous whirlwind. it made me appriciate going to a big university where everyone is real legit. pahh-not that Berklee kids arent... but the staff organization is terrrrible. as of last week i still wasnt an official student, and as of this morning, berklee hadnt recieved any money, and so i wasnt going to take any classes tuesday.... but, horray for persistance and sparkly eyes and smiling. taha-i kid i kid. i really jsut asked a lot of questions. it literally took one click of a button to fix all of my problems. i have my new computer, and am ready to go for classes on tuesday.

i have my placement examinations tomorrow, and placement auditions. the examinations are simple. ill take them, they'll tell me i am musically retarded, i'll say "i know", and be oh so quickly put into every level one class that ever existed. which, i am extremely not worried about. i hung out with a bunch of other girl vocalists tonight at my new friend tara's apartment (not my roomate, different tara.) and they were all speaking some foriegn language to me... it was pretty insane. one of the girls, mariah, looked right at me when i told her i had never taken any theory, and didnt really do any chorus or music classes in high school, and her eyes got huuuge, and said, rather loud and surprised, "how did you get in??!?!?!"

this, my friends, is the question that i have been asking since september. God's hand is so involved, and He is so deliberate about His will coming to fruition, and His love and Name being discovered. ---How mysterious, and good He is.

we had meetings tonight with our peer advisors and a then there were other students in my group, most of them transfers like me. we had so much fun! i realized that i was surrounded, not only my music nerds, but some of the most eclectic people. ever. eathan, from rhode island, didnt say much at all. sat quietly in the corner of our sortofsemi horseshoe, hands folded, fingers intertwined, resting on his legs, ankles crossed. he wore the classic black skinny denim jean, with a bright yellow shirt and black hoodie, and thick, square, black rimmed glasses that matched the same color of his wavy hair that had been in a hat way too long.  if you cant tell, he was one of my favorites of the group. he was one of those kids that didn't say a whole lot, but when he did, it was epic. hilarious. sort of reminded me of emily, my sister. he had a dry humor, and just a goofy look and laugh, but man oh man was he awesome. 

speaking of awesome-my second person of which i was particularly fond of was a boy, sammuel (um, just for reference, there were only two girls in my group. myself and moriah that i wrote of earlier. im not boycrazed, just religiously outnumbered here.) sammuel is from london. so of courses, i was immediately captivated by anything he said. he said to words and i flew my hands in the air, in front of the entire group, and shouted very happily, "i looooove your accent!!" he smiled, laughed, and said, well i guess i'll just talk more then." baaaaah. so loverly. anyway, he had a very obvious cockney accent, which in turn led to an entire conversation on accents in the united states and his recent taking to the American saying "awesome" and "rad". apparently we sound cool when we say awesome. he made our peer advisor say it a few times. good times all around. they're a really cool, eccentric group. we're having some group activities this semester, so we'll see eachother more=]

afterwards, i met up with tara, tara, and moriah was in my group (coincidentally, the other tara and moriah are roomates) and we went back to tara and moriah's place to watch idol and look over sight reading....... this is where my love and lack of tivo kicked in. i've been mourning the loss of tivo for a few days now. what a wonderful thing. really, truly. tivo is boss. 

we were interrupted a few times, and traveled to other rooms a few times to look over some things for tomorrow, but theres really no reason for me to look at things. like i said earlier---in all reality, im musically retarded. God gave me a gift, but it's certainly not showing on paper quite yet. but thats why im here. 

as of tomorrow, for my placement audition, i think ive decided on "walkin in memphis" and "how deep the Father's love for us". it'll be a good time. in every step i take, even as small as a placement piece, i want to be continually reminded who i am living for, who is my life, who is the love of my life. that's why i chose the second one. It's all about Jesus, if not, it's all for nothing.

as for my Jesus...my goodness-He never, ever, ceases to be faithful. and He is speaking, in pretty unreal ways right now. its been exiting. but in all of what He is doing, and in all of the prayers He has answered, doors He has opened, and promises He has made, i know that right now, i will live in the here and now. i have 4 months here, to dedicate my time to become a much better vocalist and musician. along that journey i know that my Father will mold me, shape me, prepare me for the ministry which He is calling me to. so i suppose, pray for that-that i would become to see the world through the eyes of our Jesus, but more importantly, pray for the people who will hear whatever it is the Lord is preparing musically in my life. pray for the lost. we need to love them. really love them. pray for a discovery in their hearts, and a return of prodigal sons and daughters all over the world to hear their Father's voice call to them. 

Live. Pray. Love.


Loveyoubunches
Anna=]

No comments:

Post a Comment