Sunday, January 4, 2009

v-neck tees and mix CDs.

so i have only a few days left. im off to boston on friday. as of right now its only my mom and myself, so, the trip up and the actual move in will be a challenging task in itself. but nevertheless we'll get up there and somehow try to make the apartment cute. as of the here and now, break has been loverly. for the past few days my brain has been working on overdrive. which is great. for a writer, or just someone who really enjoys writing, a few things always work to your advantage. if youre c.s. lewis its being a brainiack. if youre j.k. rowling its having an overimaginative mind. or, if youre me, or King David, it's emotion. its probably a musician thing too. writing, especially in lyrics, is really like a vent for me. a vent, or a healer. in reality, Jesus is my healer. but there are some htings that i need to write out to discover about the state of my own heart. thats where music comes in. 

this past semester was a tough one. but the beauty of it is that God is so good, and so incredibly faithful, and dispute our own views,  His timing is perfect. so i know that He has a plan for me in Berklee, taking me just the way i am. pretty sweet huh. what did we do to deserve Him??

but anways, back to the music. i realized that this whole semseters collection of music that i had written was completely emo. and in a seriously bad way. so i decided that the i needed to convey teh same message that i was trying to get across, and trying to vent out, but in a happy way. so i came up with the most fun, summertime song, but it still sends out the same message. i've had the this lyrical phrase stuck in my head that ive been dying to use in a song "v-neck tees and mix CD's" because they are some of my favorite things- they make me happy. along with those summer nights that shine like a million little diamonds-you know the ones that look like a bazillion engagement rings resting in deep blue velvet? or in the summer when i always drive with teh windows down. and wear one of the ten girly white tank tops i have...... its a really fun song. and im exited to get it all finished=] 

in the big scope of things, such a small change can be applied in a seriously big way to our lives. pastor aaron said soemthing a few weeks ago that really made me look at my life in a new way. what if we continually asked for our perspectives of our lives and situations to be replaced with God's perspective? everything does a 180. brandon heath's song "give me your eyes" is so perfect. check it out if you can. i feel like this is a never ending lesson. dont you? but thats whats so great about our Jesus-He is relentless. and kind of my favorite.=]

No comments:

Post a Comment